Just 4 Ingredients for this seriously chocolately nutty spread!
- Roasted hazelnuts
- Raw cocoa powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Olive oil
Nutmeg oil or vanilla (Optional)
I think you guys are going to love this spread! It’s
- Perfectly sweet
It’s dairy free and definitely gluten-free!
There’s something so comforting and indulgent about spreading nutty chocolate on a hot pancake and let it slowly melt or a dollop of it in a bowl of quinoa porridge…yum! yum!
I must confess, I’m a nut lover – full stop! I love any and all kind of nuts and I’m fortunate that I can eat them all without any allergic reaction to them. My two kids are NUTS about nuts too. Especially my five year old, his favourites are cashew and almond, while my seven year old daughter absolutely NUTS about pistachio and adore cashew nuts. My husband is secretly NUTS too!!!
For us, nuts are a daily part of our diet, they are perfect snacks for the kids after school. Me and my husband take them to work as snacks too.
But this Seriously Chocó lately Hazelnut Spread I made two days ago has got to be one of my guilty pleasures. And its virtually sugar free! Its dairy free and definitely gluten free!.
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE SPREAD
- 250g raw or roasted hazelnuts
- 50 g dairy free dark chocolate, chopped (see notes for cacao version)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or 4 drops of nutmeg oil
- 1/2 tbs raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Heat the chocolate in a pyrex over a saucepan of slowly boiling water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and add hazelnuts to a baking sheet in a single layer. If raw, roast for a total of 12-15 minutes. If already roasted, roast for 8-10 minutes just to warm the natural oils and loosen the skins. This will make it easier to blend into butter.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Then transfer to a kitchen towel and use your hands to roll the nuts around and remove most of the skins. But doesn’t worry if its not perfect!
- Add hazelnuts to a food processor or high speed blender. Blend on low until a butter is formed for about 8-10 minutes.
- Once the hazelnut butter is creamy and smooth, add the melted chocolate, raw cocoa powder, oil and vanilla/nutmeg oil. Blend until well mixed. Taste and adjust to your best taste and texture.
- Divide between sterilised jars and store for a few weeks at room temperature and use as desire.